Monday, May 19, 2008

Yes, We are Still Alive...and Reliving the Renaissance

I have been cameraless for awhile...so now FINALLY, here are some recent pics and a more recent update on this crazy circus we call the Irwin Family!

- Our kitchen, which has been "under construction" for the past three years, is now almost complete! Pinch me, I might be dreaming. (Thanks JOE!)

- Naomi just turned two which means we now have an 11 month old and two 2 year olds! Yikes! And I do have to say we have heard the word "mine" a lot more since Naomi entered the toddler years!

- Abigail is about to turn 1 next weekend and Anna is not far after her and will be 3. We will have a 1, 2, and 3 year old! This works out well for when strangers ask their ages...no need to think about it, I just start counting!

- I am about to start a summer bible study with the girls at my Teen Mother of Preschooler's Group. I'm excited! And Kid's Club with the Afghans is coming to a close for the school year.

- Ryan is still working as a lab technician, isolating mouse DNA and other weird activities involving mice. Squeak, Squeak!

- And one last thing, something funny that Anna said (there are so many these days as she is turning into a little person who forms sentences but doesn't quite get everything yet!)- We were in the van on the way home and a man was crossing the street. Anna said "I don't like mans. (momentary pause) I like ladies." Ryan said "Hey...I am man". Anna looked disturbed and was then quiet for awhile. She is our empathetic girlie so I think she felt bad! Another quick Anna comment- Ryan's mom was showing Anna their new house. Apparently there is an old rooster coop that they are planning to convert into a clubhouse for our girls. So Grandma told Anna "This is Anna's house". Anna looked inside and went in a little bit. She came back out and said "There is poop in Anna's house."

So that is a quick update...here are some photos of a Renaissance Fair we went to on Sunday with my mom, grandma, Steve, Tara, Emma, and our girls-



My mom got Anna a princess skirt and Anna LOVED it. It was such a joy to watch her. All throughout the day, we would be walking or looking at something and then it would dawn on her that she was wearing her princess skirt. She would immediately stop whatever she was doing and start dancing, without a care in the world. What fun to be a little girl and what a delight to witness it!


at a jousting event...unfortunately he did not make it out.









Aren't they all so cute?!

Well, I guess I will bid ye farwell until next time!

4 comments:

Bob Hansel said...

Yeah, I'm glad you're alive... I was wondering!

Wendy said...

Yeah, something new to see. What cute pics of the renaissance faire. I'm bummed I didn't make it....again! Love the princess skirt.

Unknown said...

The kitchen looks awesome.

Also, Al wants to know where the pictures of Abby are.

ashley-irwin said...

wow these pics are amazing and the fair looks and sounds amazing! I didn't even know that there was such a thing. How sad!