Thursday, March 19, 2009

If J.J. Abrams told me to drink Kool-Aid...I just might.

J.J. Abrams, creator of Alias, has made another tv show with a cult following- LOST.  We were big fans of Alias and LOST is no different. We began watching season 1 on DVD in October and finished all 4 seasons in a matter of two months! Sadly, I even had dreams about the characters because LOST had become so much of a staple in our household. Season 5 began in January so our obsession could continue.  Because everyone that watches LOST is a fanatic (there is no where in between), we began talking to a few friends about the show. They ended up inviting themselves over to watch an episode...and that is how it all began. Now, every week, six of us gather to have dinner together, play LOST trivia (complete with prizes), and watch the new episode. Last night we invited the "Others" and had a LOST costume party.   Twelve of us crammed in our living room for all you can eat nachos, a Sawyer's Nicknames quiz, Costume contest, and of course, watching LOST. Everyone had a good time and are ready for more. Maybe our group of six will regularly turn into a group of 12- see what I mean...obsessive! Here are some photos of our party. They won't mean much to you if you don't watch LOST, but here they are anyway. 


I was the airplane that crashes on the island, complete with the airline logo, wings, and plane windows with the charactes faces peeking out.
Sara as Olivia Goodspeed (Ben's teacher, minus the rifle)
Anna and Dan as Charlotte and Daniel Faraday (he even had the leather journal to go with it!)
Group shot. (From top left) Ali as Charlie, Joe as Tom, Ryan as Hurley, Dan as Daniel, Sara as Olivia and Allen as Richard. (From bottom left) Mark as the "random red shirt guy" who always gets killed off, Aubrey as Rousseau, Anna as Charlotte, Beth as Juliet, and Bradley as Charlie (complete with sugar heroine)
Allen as Richard- with eyeliner of course!
Friends since they were babies, Joe and Ryan as Tom and Hurley

a bookmark I made with my Cricut as a prize for a Hurley Quiz with Hurley's face and lotto numbers

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yes, you are definitely certifiable! I loved all the costumes, even the bloody nosed Charlotte. I like Faraday too but my heart will always belong to Sawyer. He'd call me curly or dimples or something (hopefully referring to the dimple on my cheek and not the multitude on my thighs.

Melanie Wilson said...

I've never watched the show, but what fun you're all having! And you're creating wonderful memories.