Friday, February 1, 2008

Our Purple People Eaters

Ever fight with your vacuum?

We have gone through numerous vacuums in a short period of time. Last year, we finally bought a more expensive one (hundred dollar range- sure, it was from walmart, but hey, when you buy something at walmart for $100, you know it has got to be expensive!) Well, it also turned out to be a lemon, or actually a lime I guess since it is bright green. But anyway, Ryan decided to vacuum the garage with it. Not so intelligent. The lime decided it had had its last squeeze. So we frequently have been borrowing my mom's fancy Rainbow vacuum and Ryan's mom's Kirby vacuum. I continued to do research on vacuums. We were tired of the search for a good vacuum and we really wanted a rainbow or a kirby, unfortunately they are $1700-$3000 more than our "expensive" vacuum! So I settled on a Dyson. They have rave reviews and retail for about $500-600. To us, this is really, really expensive. So I have been monitoring Craigslist every day for a good deal. I finally found one! So yeah...we finally have a decent vacuum (I hope!) I call it our Purple People Eater. And, by great luck, we found a mini purple eater for Anna and Naomi on craigslist the next day. So, now we are all happy vacuuming away! And as I have stated to many already, yes, I am definitely a stay at home mom. I think only those under that category would actually blog about a vacuum!




My lovely Purple People Eater...It's my favorite color!




Isn't she cute?! Anna will vacuum for a LONG time if you let her! Can't wait until she is old enough to use the big one! One of my cousins, Brendan, apparently loved vacuum cleaners when he was little. His mom would take him to the store and would purposely try and avoid the vacuum aisle. If he ended up seeing them, he would make her take the vacuums off of the shelf so he could look at them. Wow! He is fourteen (???) now and I have been informed that this eventually wore off. Bummer!


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Keep them working and they won't know any better! Housework is fun, especially when you do it together. Touch each other's faces and it will be even more special!