Wednesday, February 6, 2008






The other night I didn't go to bed until 1:30 am. We usually stay up late, but not THAT late. So I was anything but thrilled when Naomi woke up an hour ealier than normal throwing up. YUCK! Every mom has these days but can I just tell you I hate these days! I dread the thought of the whole day ahead of me with a child throwing up and two others on top of that needing to be clothed, diapered, fed, and entertained. Thankfully, Ryan was able to go into work late so he stayed home for a little while to help out and I actually got to take a shower. I put on my Superman shirt, recently bought in Metropolis, Illinois, declaring to Ryan...it's a good thing I have this shirt today because I'm going to need it! Later in the morning, Naomi turned a corner and was jumping and bouncing all over the living room. My mom declared Naomi not sick when she heard both Anna and Naomi singing and talking at the top of their lungs while I was on the phone with her. Then...naptime came. YEAH! All of us took really long naps. And it was a good thing because, shortly after, we left to pick up Ryan from work. We got a few blocks when I noticed the car was shaking and releasing violent noises from the back seat. I pulled over in a gas station and checked the tires. Sure enough, one of the tires was completely flat! I didn't bring my purse- I just threw my wallet in the diaper bag, but thankfully again, the cell phone happened to be in the diaper bag! Which was great (especially since I almost left the diaper bag at home). Ryan was evidently already waiting for me outside his office building, so one of his co workers had to go out on a search for him. Once found, he caught a bus to come meet us at the gas station. Meanwhile, we all got out of the carseats, cranked up the heat, and jammed to a B-Bop band for kids called The Go Fish Guys. The girls were having a blast running around inside the van. After a half hour or so, Ryan showed up to rescue us. Then we called Steve who also graciously rescued us . Steve took all of the Irwin girls home while Ryan stayed to change our tire in the freezing rain/snow mixture. So, as it turns out, I did need my Superman shirt for the day. This superwoman is glad she has such a great Superman to share life with her. (and also a great stepdad who stopped what he was doing to come help!)


2 comments:

Wendy said...

I think you have super children. I wouldn't be bouncing around singing after a puke fest but Naomi can! Now she's free to spread granola all over Ryan's side of the bed...good thing he's the man of steel!

Taylor said...

YuCk what a bad day