Friday, February 13, 2009

What I am calling the Sewage Flood of 09...

More background: Three weeks ago we had most of the stuff in our basement in one huge but nice neat pile at one end of our basement. Being the messy/want-to-be neat freak that I am, I decided we must organize our storage area. SO...I made Ryan help me divide everything by category. Once everything was divided by category, we were going to organize each category into storage bins, number them, and write down everything in them on an index card. That way if we needed something, we just look at the index card in that category and find which number box it is located in, making retrieval a breeze. Nice thought, huh? So being the excellent finisher of projects that I am (HA! HA!) instead of one nice neat pile of things on the OPPOSITE end of the basement where the sewer water came in...we had about 10 piles spread out ALL OVERthe basement separated into...you guessed it....categories. Now, not to be too hard on myself - we actually did get about 10 bins actually organized and put away but we still had a lot left. So when the water came....it hit us in categories! Anyway, just thought I'd share that optimistic little fact there just in case you were desperately wanting some more depressing Irwin news!
Here is the basement filling up with water- hard to tell where the water is- wish I used a ruler but...oh wait, the ruler was stuck in my craft supplies on the other side of the basement already submerged!


No comments: