Friday, January 25, 2008

A Snapshot into our Marriage...

Does your husband ever steal your food?
Mine does.
I am very precise with the method I use to eat my food.
My sister in law, Ashley works at a bakery. A very good bakery.
She occasionally brings us cookies. Last time she did, there was only one left.
I told Ryan it was mine. He said he would split it with me. I said no.
I either wanted all or none of it. OR I said if he wanted to eat the edges, I could take the middle. I am very generous you see when it comes to cookies.
Ashley comes over every week to babysit. On that particular night, I told her we wouldn't let her in the house without cookies anymore. Because they were so good, you see...even if she was babysitting. No cookies, no entrance. So the week after, she forgot. And the week after that, she forgot. She got tired of us turning her away at the door, so she brought some this time. She came to the door with a large white box. She said to open it. There laid before my eyes were 6 gorgeous cookies ready for my cosumption. But then I saw it. She decided to help out with our arguments. So she decorated three cookies with my name on them. And three cookies with Ryan's name on them. I showed Ryan. He immediately picked up a "Dana" cookie and took a big bite out of it. I picked up a "Ryan" cookie and took a big bite out of it. He returned to his video game. So I did what any cookie lover who is married to an honory husband would do. I finished it and closed the box. Later when we returned to the box for more, he noticed his missing cookie. I ate the rest of mine. Ryan saved his. I felt sick. Ryan still has some left. Hmm. you'll have to excuse me, I have something I have to attend to....


1 comment:

Wendy said...

No more glimpses into your marriage...it's like a horror movie...too bizarre to stand, too bizarre to look away. Now I need to curl up into a fetal position!